In a few days, I will reach my 24th year of existence. On the 20th, Monday at 6:06 am, all my records will reflect that I am 24 years old. Call it depression or denial but I'm not excited. I dont even want to celebrate it. I'm struggling cause everything seem to be going too fast. Plus its so bloody expensive to celebrate. My dear husband offered me to return this weekend to our homeland to celebrate, but I'm not just ready yet to face the inevitable (plus it costs a lot). I will come to terms with this new age, but I need time.
I need to think about my priorities and values - and to see what I have achieved in the past five years (20-24)
I need to draw out that positive energy inside of me.
I need to accept this change with a big smile to the future.
And the count down continues in fourteen days...
Monday, June 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Cia lapit na bday! I know how you feel, the excitement for birthdays becomes less as we grow old. . . I feel my mental age has freezed at 22.
Hay sinabi mo!
Pero siyempre pangit din naman kung hindi tanggapin ang katotohanan.
Isipin nalang natin na ageing is the path to wisdom... (naksers!)
hey cia! that happens to me all the time. the last age i remember is 20, coz thats the best year i had so far! hahaha. but my mental age is 18. harhar!
but hey its ur bday so happy birthday on the 20th! hehe =)
mejo okay nako, kelangan kong tanggapin ang edad kong 24 so that I could OWN this year. hahaha =)
hay, buti wala pa namang wrinkles. Life has been so damn fast! Time just passes you by so quickly, parang hinahabol...
mag moisturizer everyday para ma-delay ang wrinkles! ehehehe
Post a Comment