Sunday, April 18, 2010

Old friends

I've always valued old friends. Specifically those that outlive the barkada phase. Barkada meaning friends united by a common interest that once that common interest ends, then the friendship also fades away (inferred this definition from a friend). Those people that survive that phenomena however, will be friends for life.

As extroverted as people think I am, I think I'm not as 'friendly' as other people I know like Mia, Julette etc. It takes me a bit of time to warm up, but there are those I completely feel instantly comfortable with that I just open my soul to them with the first conversation. I often feel a little protective of myself towards girls though 'cause they have attacked me before in ways unimaginable. And being closer to my father, I guess I feel easily comfortable towards guys than girls.

Nevertheless, I have girlfriends I treasure deeply. You know who you are 'cause you're only a few. Some I haven't seen for months unfortunately. But I wish that the wind would blow them back in my direction so we could pour our souls in conversations and laughter once again.

I miss them.

I do reach out them, but their busy with their own thing. And I respect that, work enriches one's character anyway and leads you to discover what you're really capable of. I get that. I just hope we wouldn't run out of time.

No comments: