Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Online clutter

Like regular people who has a life online through facebook, twitter, multiply, tumblr, blogspot etc., I JUST HAD IT! It's too much to think about. So I'm focusing more on just writing here in this blog and trying to limit facebook to about an hour max per day so I have more time 'in the real world'.

It's not easy, but I think it would be a good thing. I must admit, facebook is a really good tool to keep connected with friends and basically to get updates. But I think, in a way, it hinders 'personal contact' cause once you've read someone's updates there's probably less to talk about once you're face to face so why meet up? I don't know, I hope I'm wrong but in my case it feels that way.

So yeah, I'm quitting the following (like it's a vice):
  • Twitter
  • Multiply
  • Tumblr
  • Friendster
And maintaining, blogspot and facebook. As for YM and iChat, I was never in to chatting anyway so I use it only when I want to catch up with close friends abroad or when I'm saving on text messaging charges (haha).

Just some efforts to do spring cleaning for the mind :)

No comments: