Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fit and healthy by 30: Entry #1

I would've wanted to write 'Fit & Sexy by 30' pero parang nakakahiya. And I guess once you're fit and healthy, you'll feel good about yourself and eventually feel your sexy. Bahala na :)

So I'll be turning 29 in less than a month and since I'm painfully obese (there I've said it and admitted it), I thought this has to stop before it's too late. So my body mantra for my 29th year is 'Fit & Healthy by 30'. Right now, I'm practicing to eat more consciously. It's hard to shock my system - eating fruits and veggies when I'm used to fried and sweet stuff. But sacrifices must be done and once my flabby ass is gone, I know it will be all worth it.

In the process of analyzing how I got this big, I originally thought it was during the time I was doing theatre when I was a sophomore in College. Because of fatigue and lack of sleep from all the rehearsals, I almost got pneumonia so I had to take lots of medicines and steroids for my asthma. My body just couldn't take it. But then I stumbled upon my transcript of records in College, I realized that I also had no more physical ed classes starting 3rd year. Usually in those classes, I'm one of the most active so I got really excellent grades on Fencing, Social Dancing, Water Recreation, Taekwondo. The classes were 2 to 3x a week so it was forced exercises that I enjoyed (pala). Therefore, I know can be active again. And I know my body will recognize movement once again and love it. I know I have it in me.

Keri yan!

2 comments:

Ria said...

Yahoo, Cia!! Good luck and God bless on this journey. So what form of movement have you chosen as your regular exercise? Congrats on your decision. I really believe in the "health is wealth" cliche. After all, we'll living in these bodies for the next forty years or so.

Cia Hermosa-Jorge said...

I will revisit things I love like hiphop dancing, yoga (with kirby), swimming and walking more. I know it's not going to be easy so I've teamed up with Ferdie na rin who needs to get in shape. O tara! Bike na tayo nila Yosh! hehe