Thursday, May 12, 2005

On career decisions

I have been pondering everyday on what I should do with my life. I'm thinking about what I could possibly do in order to make a difference in this world and be able to help people.

I constantly ask myself "how I can make my existence more meaningful" and I always get these images in my head that I should help out by volunteering in Africa or doing marketing for foundations who need help. But I do think my main purpose here on earth is to simply help out people in whatever way I can.

Another option for me is to study clinical psych and become a therapist. So thats helping people with their internal struggles. I also love reading people and learning about their different characters and personalities. But that will take time.

So those are my two options right now. Its not even advertising or market research! I dont know, I just want to do something that could directly help the personal lives of people I guess.

HOWEVER, I just got a call from the MD of Millward Brown Singapore. He told me that there's an opening in client servicing and he want to meet up on Monday. Nyikes! So much for my thoughts and ideas on foundations and psychology. The thing is, it would be a great deal for me to start working full time in order to get a feeling of how it is to work here in Singapore and more importantly, to get my butt busy and my mind active. I think at this point, I need that. I need to start somewhere.

BUT, I am still hoping I could do one of the two options I previously mentioned. May it be later on in life or in a few months, at least I know what I should do besides working in the corporate world.

I continuously pray for the things to come... and I thank God for opening a door for me.

1 comment:

Daydreamer said...

same here, i have similar dilemmas. it makes me really wonder where i shud be right now. what im doing is fun but it's not something i wanna do for 5 or 10 straight years. i guess i wanna work more intimately with people...same as you. i do hope we have the opportunity to fulfill our dreams. =)