Monday, June 14, 2010

A different year; A different birthday

In six days, I'll be turning 29. I will not say nearly 30 cause thats' fast-forwarding too much. Making my mind focus more on the number 30 than being 29. I've learned that it is better to own 'the number' which is the ACTUAL number of years you have existed in this world. Thus focusing more on the present.

I'm happy to say that the last 359 days have been full of milestones and firsts. A year full of meaning. And a year where things are finally 'coming together' after some tough lessons over the last 5 years.

For the first time, my list of thoughts does not include too much things I want to get or receive. I'm just really thankful to God and everyone for everything. For the love; for the dream; for helping to realize the dream; and for the wisdom over the years.

Around this time last year, I have already resigned from my first job as a market researcher (that was 5 years of my life) and I was busy planning and packing for our return to Manila. Me and my husband Ferdie were also on our way to Italy for a last hurrah trip just in case we couldn't afford to go to an international destination anymore once we're back in Manila.

I did write last April that I'm thankful...

- to see my son grow in our home country and able to know his cousins and relatives
- to be closer to old friends and my immediate family
- to be able to do what I really really want for the first time in my life which is in the line of theatre and film making
- for having our own house after renting for so long
- for the realization & confirmation that you really don't need much 'stuff' to find happiness
- that finally, I'm going to vote this coming elections
- that my soul is enriched everyday with love, warmth and consciousness

However, there's more to be thankful for. I am filled with gratitude...

- for experiencing that wondrous miracle of seeing my son grow. To see the way he adores me and say 'I love you' whenever he likes it. That's just my source of unconditional love everyday. But to be there to hug, kiss and say 'I love you' back whenever I like it makes everything extra sweeter
- that I got that film scholarship I really really wanted 'cause otherwise I won't be able to study film
- to have less doubt on myself and unlocking that capacity to WILL GOOD THINGS TO HAPPEN IN MY LIFE
- for less noise, more peace of mind and heart
- for rediscovering my love for books thus making me more reflective, patient and imaginative
- for opening my heart more to LOVE in a thousand forms (love of imperfections, love from strangers, love from the world)
- for having the past year to just really focus more on my spirit and soul
- for being able to write the first parts of my first screenplay (even though it's not yet finished)
- for seeing beautiful places and experiencing nature (Taal lake, Caramoan, Mayon Volcano, thousands of firefiles, a whale shark etc.)
- lastly, for having a husband, family and friends who believe in me when I don't. They inspire me to be the best that I can be. They also lift my spirits with laughter and creativity. For the friendship, for the joy, for the love. A MILLION THANKS.

Now I move forward with more peace and love like I've never felt before.

No comments: