Yes, high blood ang lola mo. Yesterday, I had to take half day 'cause my mind and my body wanted rest so badly. I started feeling very weak on Thursday afternoon so I decided to leave the office around 6:45pm. Then that night, I felt cold so I tried to avoid a fever by taking paracetamol. Usually works but no...
In the middle of the night, I woke up and my world was spinning. Every sudden movement made the spinning worse. I suspected that my 'vertigo' was back. I had it before and doctors said it would never go away and is usually triggered by stress, fatigue or whatever - depending on the person. For me it was both stress and fatigue. The last time I had this was when I was in 4th year college during the peak of our - no sleep - presentation the next day with final report - days. My digdipper friends would know very well what I'm talking about.
However, even after this episode I still decided to go to work. Feeling ko mawawala naman yan. But I was wrong again. I couldnt think straight! I felt light-headed na parang may hangover kahit di naman ako inaantok at uminom. I wanted to go to work to clear up and finish two tasks for my two projects pero wala rin sabi ko, kelangan ko na talagang magpadoctor.
True enough, sabi ng doctor with stress at work plus waking up and taking care of the baby plus not having enough sleep - summed up to HIGH BLOOD. And I'm 25! What the hell?
Hay hay hay. But I guess it's a wake up call that I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF MORE even if I have a lot of responsibilities. That everything would instantly lead to a screeching break if I didn't take care of myself. So ayun. I rested and slept but afterwhich my chest started to hurt. Ay sus, di lang pala tulog ang kelangan. I guessed, healthy diet and exercise should do it.
So I took a 30 minute swim around noon today. And instantly, I felt better. I can breathe better, and the pain in my chest disappeared. Shet... it was so SIMPLE!!! But I know being 25 made it easy but perhaps when I'm around 40 or 50 I would have to do more to eliminate these symptoms.
Lessons learned: I HAVE TO EAT CONSCIOUSLY and EAT HEALTHY. I HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK AND LISTEN MORE TO MY BODY. I HAVE TO STRETCH AND EXERCISE TO BE MORE ALERT, CLEAR MINDED AND GENERALLY FEEL GOOD INTERNALLY.
Okay, I think the word 'have' in my previous statement should all be replaced by the word 'NEED'.
Hope this blog entry would be good to remind me of my goal...
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
naku mare, take care of urself ha.
a little exercise everyday will make a difference, i can attest to that. ;)
hope all is well with ferdie and kirby.
mwah!
jowanakeyt
ohmigoodness. haha, ur blog will serve as a reminder to the rest of us too!
take care of yourself ci - esp since your dad has it too diba? genetic din kasi yun...
hope all is well with you guys! :)
thanks jowanakeyt and kaye... oo nga eh. hay kakaiba talaga. Pressure cooker kasi dito eh plus also have to wake up in the middle of the night for breastfeeding.
not easy but its not an excuse to load up on stress and junk.
thanks guys. hopefully, paglipas ng ilang linggo mas healthy na ako.
salamat ajay :)
I take myself too seriously Pare aysus! Mana sa tatay.
anyhoot, baka matuloy na din kame sa wakas sa Sydney. hopefully makasama ako at magkita kame ni Pen.
Post a Comment