Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Spectacles & Toilets & Calls

I still get weirded out when people call eyeglasses here in Singapore as spectacles. Natatakot nga ako baka bigla ko nalang masabi sa kanila,

"O yes, I wear tentacles" (Sounds like kasi...)
----------------
As for the toilet, di ko alam kung ano ang 'proper' name dito ng CR...

"O can I just go to the john?" (parang trying hard ata...)
"O I just have to go the CR" (baka di ako maintindihan)
"O I'll just go to the restroom" (sosyal din ang dating)

Buti nalang sa atin, simple lang

"Teka ah..." (And that covers more than what you want to say hehe)


-----------

Our phone rang a few minutes ago. Me and Ferdie looked at each other since we seldom hear the phone ring at this hour. When Ferdie answered, the person in the other line said:

'Salamalaykum!'

Natakot si Dear kasi kakapanood lang namin ng news about the suspects in the London bombing. It really creates hysteria you know. We just pray and hope that bombings would never have to happen again.


3 comments:

Daydreamer said...

oooh...sino kaya yun?! maybe just some prank caller. weird.

jk said...

haha... "o, i wear tentacles." classic punchline from cia. haha natawa daw ako. =)

tama si aj, wiwi break. =)

Cia Hermosa-Jorge said...

haha

wiwi break --- actually yung isang pinoy sa office ganon magpaalam. Pinoy talaga!

Sige mga friends, salamalaykum!